What's new

When is the drop date for the core i7 models...

I haven't even received my type cover, dock or mouse!! Originally given 11/20 ship date for my SP4 i7/8/256, 10/26 for all other items. But every time I check the order page, there is no change and it shows the mouse on back order. Spoke to an employee who answered the phone and he told me a date 6-7 weeks later than 11/20 but people on this forum seem to think those employees don't know much about ship dates.

Trust me I was deeply confused when the type cover shipped early, my guess is that with most preorders they will do the right thing and ship them together.

Sometimes, I get the type cover out and play with it just to pretend I have the SP4. Lol

If I go in on the 20th and they don't have my VERY early preorder, I'll be walking out with an i5. I could stand to save the what? $300 or so? Yeah..I could definitely stand to save it.

I go through this exact same thought process every other day and still manage to talk myself back up to the i7

Cerif27

I go through this exact same thought process every other day and still manage to talk myself back up to the i7

Ha! Yeah. Usually my inner monologue goes from i7 SP4 to i7 XPS to i5 SP4 and back again. Around and around. Eventually I remind myself to be patient and that the damn thing hasn't even come out yet! Reserve judgement until I have it in my hands. I then also remind myself that it's ok not to like it and it's ok to return it for something else. I'm an adult!