What's new

When unplugged, my SP3 often turns off when it should sleep

Nonseven

I'm using the balanced power setting, and it's set to sleep when I shut the cover, or press the power button. Current I believe on updates. But when I shut the cover or press the power button, and try to wake it up a few minutes later, it boots back up, like it was off.

Now when it's plugged in, it never does this. I'm not sure what's going on.

OP
N

Nonseven

There was a firmware update that my unit did just this morning. So far, it has not done it since the update.

DHM21

Had the same issue with it powering off, but the firmware update in last 24 hours has resolved that issue. My touch screen no longer works at all, but you know can't have everything. Grrr

OP
N

Nonseven

I'm not sure I can tell the difference - I have to press the power button to turn it on, then I see the "Surface" on the display, the little swirly graphic, and start screen.

diamond.g

Yeah, the only way I can tell is if I have stuff open on my desktop, it is still open when it wakes up from hibernation, not so much when it powers on from being shutdown.

OP
N

Nonseven

Yeah, I think mine is shutting down. If I had something on the screen, it's gone and it goes back to the main start screen.