What's new

When's the next set of Surface firmware updates?

mcsenerd

I just want to know when we'll get the firmware update that will let me not have to disable crap that should work on the SB out of the box... Sigh...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The 3 updated drivers that came out the week should have fixed the Black Screen issue and the Windows Hello Camera Issue...

KA309

By the "Black Screen issue," do you mean the problem where the SB won't wake up from sleep mode after an extended period of time? Thanks ...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
By the "Black Screen issue," do you mean the problem where the SB won't wake up from sleep mode after an extended period of time? Thanks ...
Yes, when it comes out of sleep or hibernate and only has the Black Screen. The driver updates were released specifically to improve power management issues...

Niterider4

I have not had the wake-from-sleep problem in about two weeks now, but if I use hibernate I still get the no auto-rotate on detach problem. Accordingly, I have to completely disable hibernate (which I'm used to since hibernate has never worked properly).

Wayne Orwig

I have not had the wake-from-sleep problem in about two weeks now, but if I use hibernate I still get the no auto-rotate on detach problem. Accordingly, I have to completely disable hibernate (which I'm used to since hibernate has never worked properly).

It is all your fault. :rolleyes:
I just found that if I use Hibernate, then detach the clipboard while it is off, then when I try to wake it up, I get a BSOD. Actually, more like a YELLOW screen of death.
Doesn't matter, as I never use Hibernate. Still annoying.

JaeMelo

It is all your fault. :rolleyes:
I just found that if I use Hibernate, then detach the clipboard while it is off, then when I try to wake it up, I get a BSOD. Actually, more like a YELLOW screen of death.
Doesn't matter, as I never use Hibernate. Still annoying.
lol one of my past surface books did something like this a few times. BSOD'd so bad the screen wasn't blue but like a dingy whitish color with monochrome like letters... Even the blue screens of death are buggy lol.

Last edited:

Niterider4

It is really disappointing that some core functionality of the Surface Book is broken and Microsoft does not seem to be able (or willing) to fix it. A really expensive laptop that doesn't work as advertised is a failure IMO.

BearFlag

The 3 updated drivers that came out the week should have fixed the Black Screen issue and the Windows Hello Camera Issue...

Not for me. Once I enabled Fast Startup again, Windows Hello Camera Issue resurfaced after a while. Back to disabling Fast Startup.

KA309

I updated the drivers, but unfortunately still have the black screen issue when waking from sleep for any extended period of time. The keyboard lights up, but the screen remains dark until I hold the power button down and do a full reboot. So ... no sleep for my SB. Not a showstopper, but not great for battery life, either!

Last edited: