What's new

Where is new Windows?

Arizona Willie

Latest version of Windows supposed to be out today but I just checked ( twice ) in Windows Update and it says ' no updates available '.

Grrr.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Still to early, 2 to 3 more hours....it is just an Update, not a new version, still NT 6.3 Build 9600

benjitek

Oddly enough, when I checked for updates via the Modern UI method, the update wasn't available -- when I access Windows Update from the desktop control panel, it was.

OP
Arizona Willie

Arizona Willie

I have been checking with Windows Update via the Control Panel on both my desktop and my Surface.
Both keep saying ' no update available '.

macmee

Nothing here either. Really excited about this update-- hoping if fixed a lot of issues I've been having.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Update came available at 10 AM PDT....do a manual check now...

Also about a gig of Office 2013 Updates and some additional Windows 8.1 Updates (for me 1.2GB Total) I already had the Update 1 installed...This is on my Pro 2 BTW

Surface 2 - 18 Updates 560MB mostly Office 2013 as well on top of the 500MB of Update 1 (already had Update 1 installed there as well)

Last edited:
OP
Arizona Willie

Arizona Willie

OK after 10 am PST I got 10 updates for my Desktop and 6 updates for my Surface Pro 128.

NONE of them were the update to the newest version of Windows.

And both computers DO have the required update 2919442 installed successfully according to Windows Update History in the Control Panel.

Got a bunch of updates but NOT what I am looking for.

After installing the updates that downloaded I rechecked and again got ' no updates available ' ... grrrrrr.