What's new

Where is the July Firmware Update To Surface RT

guitar1969

I have seen a number of news websites saying that on July 9th, MS pushed out a firmware update to Surface RT, but not Pro. I am running 8.1 RT preview and I don't see any firmware update recently. I did get some updates to 8.1 on that day, but my general understanding is firmware updates are for hardware related updates so the "8.1 updates" are not the same thing. Any one else get a firmware update over the last few days, or am I interpreting it wrong.

Lolvo

My device knows there is a firmware update but has not installed it yet; nor will it let me force the update.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
If you are on 8.1 you received a Version right after the upgrade, from my sources unless something drastic happens we won't see another until RTM of 8.1....

Jglnaz372

If you are on 8.1 you received a Version right after the upgrade, from my sources unless something drastic happens we won't see another until RTM of 8.1....

I read the same thing. I saw a bunch of updates listed on Tuesday. Most dealt with the 8.1 preview. All the updates loaded and nothing strange has been going on with my RT. I remember a bunch of updates, including a firmware update, after applying the 8.1 preview, beta, whatever you call it? :)