What's new

Where to buy the surface pro

turokk

Hello,

Im thinking about buying the surface pro, but im just wondering where is it better to buy at Best Buy, or Microsoft store(Not the Website).
like are the warranties different?

i already asked at the Microsoft store, and get 1-year limited hardware DOESNT cover cracked screen or if i drop it, AND for $99 it adds 1 more year and that cover cracked screen and drops. but only 15 days for full refund (im not sure if i also get the $99 back).

Anyone knows if its the same at best buy? and if i return the surface do i get the warranty money back?

thanks

TeknoBlast

If I was buying one, I would get it from Best Buy just because I would earn reward points plus since I'm a Silver member, I get 60-days rather than the standard 30-days.

shpat

Can you purchase the Microsoft Complete Extended Warranty from MS if you buy the computer at Best Buy? I do not want he BB warranty--all my Best Buy knows how to do s reformat the hard drive.

bosamar

Can you purchase the Microsoft Complete Extended Warranty from MS if you buy the computer at Best Buy? I do not want he BB warranty--all my Best Buy knows how to do s reformat the hard drive.

I believe you would have to go through Microsoft for that. BB only wants to sell their own warranty.

shpat

Yes but the question was can I buy the warranty from Microsoft if I purchase the surface at Best Buy?

tprevett

bb warranty - more expensive.. but if you break it they give you cash back.. and you have to re-buy the warranty.. MS Complete.. 2 years with accidental.. probably a small deductible, but it transfers to the replacement device. (I could be a little wrong on this as I haven't actually bought a MS warranty before)

jneikum

Best Buy told me when I preordered around $219 but that it would cover any damage and they would replace with a new device right at the store. No waiting and no refurbished product.