What's new

Where's the best place to buy the Surface Pro?

I realize the prices are pretty much the same everywhere, but I'm wondering where might the best place to buy from is. Considering return/warranty policy, bonus accessories/gift cards/promos, etc...

Best Buy has the 128GB model for $1000 + tax.
Amazon is $1050

I'd also like the Type cover and a 64GB micro SD card (which I understand Best Buy matches Amazon's price of $50).

Does Costco sell the Surface Pro?

Last edited:

N.G.

Microsoft store. The setup and half hour of instruction was worth at least 4 hours of my time. I've got 3 friends in the neighborhood with new Win 8 gadgets trying to figure some aspect of Live, email, setup and use, which I walked out of the store solved. Another got their box completely hosed by Staples' expensive service. Drove 2 hours and glad I did. Also a gal tech put on my screen protector free, which is something I am really not good at.

OP
W

whiteblazer01

Microsoft store. The setup and half hour of instruction was worth at least 4 hours of my time. I've got 3 friends in the neighborhood with new Win 8 gadgets trying to figure some aspect of Live, email, setup and use, which I walked out of the store solved. Another got their box completely hosed by Staples' expensive service. Drove 2 hours and glad I did. Also a gal tech put on my screen protector free, which is something I am really not good at.

Thanks, I didn't even think about the MS store; there's one close by. On a side note (hopefully without straying off topic), do I need a Live account to use the Surface Pro, or can I use it like a regular PC? (I prefer not to have another account, it's bad enough I have a Google account).

BTW, what's the price at the MS store?

mitchellvii

Same price as everywhere else. One major benefit of the MS store is that they have all the keyboard covers and the OEM mini displayport.

olimjj

I know you indicated being close to a Microsoft Store, but if you know what you want and you are not in a hurry, you can avoid a trip by shopping at the Microsoft online store. Shipping is free for 3-7 day ground. You can you use the time waiting by utilizing the online tutorials at Microsoft and youtube etc. That's what I did.

Microsoft Store - Surface

N.G.

You need a Live acct and they can set it up there. Don't go mid afternoon Sat or Sun, or you may get minimal free service.