What's new

Which camera with Teams?

coghlan

I normally turn my camera off in Teams meetings but IT wants to do some performance testing.

My SP7 is normally flat w/lid closed 24/7. Does the front camera turn off in this configuration?

Plantje

Why do you turn off your camera?

What do you mean with lid closed? Type cover over it? Yes of course the camera doesn't see anything

OP
C

coghlan

Why do you turn off your camera?

What do you mean with lid closed? Type cover over it? Yes of course the camera doesn't see anything
There's turning it off in the Teams app, and there's also closing the lid. I was curious as to whether the camera keeps operating with the type cover closed (My SP7 and home PC share monitor/kybd/mouse), and when I attend a meeting I just plug in a headset. It appears that the other attendees just see me as a black screen.

Plantje

These are weird times. Just enable your camera. If you're in a face to face meeting you're not going to stare out the window as well.

OP
C

coghlan

These are weird times. Just enable your camera. If you're in a face to face meeting you're not going to stare out the window as well.
Camera is enabled, but SP-7 sits on my printer where it blends in nicely. Never have to touch it. I don't want to open the stand etc. just to attend a meeting. Messes up my DP and USB cables if I do that. The only reason I asked about the camera was that ideally we want to see how the audio/video traffic load the VPN, but there are enough other mobile users online.

Plantje

Ah ok, like that. I thought you were one of those people that always turns of cameras in meetings. In the meetings I have it is getting more annoying.

OP
C

coghlan

Ah ok, like that. I thought you were one of those people that always turns of cameras in meetings. In the meetings I have it is getting more annoying.
Well, a lot of us do that too since working from home often means you look like you just got out of bed :)