What's new

Which is the front facing camera?

syarbrou

I have a Surface Pro 3 that is going to be used as a kiosk. The kiosk enclosure will cover the front facing camera. Vendor is going to open the area where the camera is so it is accessible. Funny thing is there look like there is three cameras or a camera and a flash and a sensor or something, but can't tell what is what. Can someone assist? Below is a sample pic from the front of the unit.

2ztiulk.jpg

Thanks.

Steve

malberttoo

I have a Surface Pro 3 that is going to be used as a kiosk. The kiosk enclosure will cover the front facing camera. Vendor is going to open the area where the camera is so it is accessible. Funny thing is there look like there is three cameras or a camera and a flash and a sensor or something, but can't tell what is what. Can someone assist? Below is a sample pic from the front of the unit.

2ztiulk.jpg

Thanks.

Steve

The camera is the one to the farthest left, in your pic. The one on the right is the microphone, so if you need audio, you won't want that covered either.

Welcome to the forum!

OP
S

syarbrou

Ahh, cool. Thanks for the link to the guides and all the answers. Much appreciated.

I assume the middle one known as Front Privacy Light is the adaptive screen brightness option? Which we have disabled for the kiosk anyway. So chances are the microphone and camera would be opened up for use.

Thanks.

Steve

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Front privacy light is just that. A privacy light. It lets you know when the front camera is being used so you know if some creep across the planet is sat watching you get undressed :p I'm not sure if the light meter is also built into this or somewhere else on the front of the device

OP
S

syarbrou

Hmm. I will have to test that privacy light. Thinking it may only go on when making a movie or skype or something. Haven't tried at all yet, just thinking. For our kiosk would only be used for taking a picture of someone.

Steve

malberttoo

Hmm. I will have to test that privacy light. Thinking it may only go on when making a movie or skype or something. Haven't tried at all yet, just thinking. For our kiosk would only be used for taking a picture of someone.

Steve

It goes on whenever the camera is on.