What's new

Which micro sd card do you suggest?

geokarbou

Hello everyone,

I want to get a micro sd card for my surface pro 3 to store media files (movies, photos, etc) I wont use it to run programs from it.

I found this one: http://www.amazon.de/SanDisk-SDSDQU...Frustfreie/dp/B00MWXUKEY/ref=cm_cd_ql_qh_dp_t and this one: http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-MicroS...=UTF8&qid=1431288782&sr=1-3&keywords=micro+sd

will they do fine? I don't care for the fastest read / write speeds. I care mostly that they are compatible and wont die on me later on. I save some stuff in onedrive but i have limited storage so i need the micro sd.

jrioux

I want to get a micro sd card for my surface pro 3... I care mostly that they are compatible and wont die on me later on...
I've use that exact SanDisk card in both my RT and Nook HD+ for a few years. They work fine. I'm currently considering a 128GB card for my SP3 and read a review today that rated Samsung slightly better than SanDisk. I think either should serve you well. I'd buy whichever is cheaper.

Last edited:
OP
geokarbou

geokarbou

I've use that exact SanDisk card in both my RT and Nook HD+ for a few years. It works fine. I'm currently considering a 128GB card for my SP3 and read a review today that rated Samsung slightly better than SanDisk. I think either should serve you well. I'd buy the cheaper one.

Great! I'll get the samsung then, it's cheaper too :) 128gb would be great but don't want to spend 80+ on a micro sd. I think 64gb will suffice for now.

Thank you.

TunaSurface

Been on the lookout for an sd card for a while now, I had one but had problems with it, mainly getting it out of my device. Seems like everything Sandisk works fine.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is more than one version of 128gb SanDisk card and there are numerous reports of problems with SanDisk Cards. Whether these are quality control issues, issues with only one version or problems due to users purchasing cheap counterfeit cards is unknown. Just be aware and verify your purchase works properly. Test it with CrystalDisk or HDTune, copy a large zip file to and from the card, copy a directory of small files to and from the card and ensure each test functions properly, at the right speed, and the card doesn't dismount. Return or exchange any cards that don't pass, regardless of manufacturer, SanDisk or anyone else.

End of public service announcement. :)

Nys299

AVOID SANDISK cards at ALLLLLL COSTS!!!!
I bought a Sandisk XC1 64GB card and it keeps going to sleep after sometime and cannot wake up without pulling out and re-inserting. Since I changed to Samsung.....it has worked flawlessly.