What's new

Which other devices are the same size as SPro?

heed

As I look at case options for my SPro, I find the selection quite lacking. Microsoft, Amazon, Ebay, Taobao, and Etsy seem to all just offer endless variations on the same old sleeve.

So, for more selection (and maybe better pricing), I thought we could together figure out what other devices (tablets or laptops) are about the same size.

For starters, I think the MacBook Air 11-inch is just slightly larger. Does anyone have a side-by-side picture?

J515OP

Super Moderator
As I look at case options for my SPro, I find the selection quite lacking. Microsoft, Amazon, Ebay, Taobao, and Etsy seem to all just offer endless variations on the same old sleeve.

So, for more selection (and maybe better pricing), I thought we could together figure out what other devices (tablets or laptops) are about the same size.

For starters, I think the MacBook Air 11-inch is just slightly larger. Does anyone have a side-by-side picture?

Good thinking. This has already been covered and MacBook Air cases are a good alternative if they float your boat.

CMD

What are you looking for? A sleeve or a case? Do you want a tight fit? The Surface Pro + keyboard will fit into any 11.6" case and sleeve loosely with Mac Air and the Asus Zenbook ones being the best (least loose) fit. If you want a tight fit you can squeeze it into most 1st generation iPad case or sleeve as the 1st gen was twice as thick as the current ones.

protip

If you are browsing Etsy, keep in mind that several vendors there will customize their products to the specific dimensions you have in mind.

For example, the bag I use for carrying my Surface Pro to work is from Etsy: Surface Pro bag / Tiamat

revmike

You could also try sfbags.com, they have bags that fit the surface without or with keyboards attached. Never mind I just realized that site was waterfield, which was already suggested.

Last edited:
OP
H

heed

Thank you all for the suggestions. I just received a sleeve-style case that I got on Taobao for really cheap ($14). It will tide me over until I can look at cases more. One of the main ones I'm interested in is the TwelveSouth Bookbook for MBAir 11inch. It is a leather book binding with a zipper closure. Maybe my SPro will fit in that.

I'm also looking at cases from G-Form; their folio cases are indestructible but I'm afraid they would mess with the air vents on the SPro too much.

So, I guess so far from what you guys have said the MBAir 11 and the Asus Transformer are pretty close. What about any of the Samsung devices?