What's new

Which pen is it?

kc912

Looking at the SP4 there are two types of pens in various photos. Anyone know which one it is...?

These are both pictures straight from the new pen product page:

33bc23bd-4840-46a0-9103-e66754b015f4.jpg

9fe34eb3-c6da-47c7-8e06-5250a201fbc8.png

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think what he's talking about is some of the pens in the pictures appear to have flat sides and are hexagonal instead of round. Although I only see those in the artists images not the pictures of what you can buy. If that makes any sense. :)

mtalinm

does anyone know whether the new pen will stick to the side of the SP3 the way it will stick to the side of the SP4?

bluegrass

Actually if your Surface is not docked or plugged in to the power adapter, the existing pen stays on the right side of the Surface do to the magnet in the power connector.

OP
kc912

kc912

I worked it out by the way they are the same pen. I thought there was a version with a traditional pencil shape but the pen is actually curved with one flat side.

snowcherries

They're the same pen. Just different colors.

speaking of colours - what is the fifth colour? is it white?
on sale [well, preorders] is blue, black, red and silver. however there is another 'silvery' one in the SP4 event - i can't work out if it is grey or white?

bluegrass

If there is a 5th color, it's logical that it would be green. I doubt that there is a 5th color or they would show it on their online store.

snowcherries

If there is a 5th color, it's logical that it would be green. I doubt that there is a 5th color or they would show it on their online store.

in the SP4 event Panay says there are 5 colours. i couldn't find an image for last post but managed to find one now.
'5 colours image - cnet'

I believe it may be Teal. Their new keyboard color is that color.
i would have assumed teal as well, but it isn't what you see in the above image. the image could simply be a placeholder image for MS though, not the finalised colours.

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just preordered a new pen and keyboard for my SP3 from the UK store the new pen is £49.99 and is shipping with free nib kit which costs £10 on its own. It's available in silver, black, red and blue in UK. I ordered silver and a teal new type cover.