What's new

Which screen protector?

Angel

Question...stupid one but I gotta ask...I wanted to get one of these armor sheiks ones to really protect the device, thought a clear one...then I'll get a cool one that I fell in love with from decal girl (maybe very protective too) and put it on over...worse case is double the protection right:) Be nice guys, ok!

Igor

I'm not sure it's necessary to double up. Both options basically only provide scratch protection. I haven't ever tried doubling the skins up but I imagine it wouldn't be a problem if you wanted to go that way, it would only add thickness.

Angel

Thank you for being nice lol...thickness was what I thought too. I've never used skins as a protector alone, I've used them for the "pretty designs" and then covers for protection if I took them somewhere.

minimojoman

Just to follow up. I returned my Zagg invisibleShield because it was hindering the use of the stylus. I purchased a 2 pack of Incipio Clear Plex anti fingerprint from ebay for only 5$ (opened box, unused) and just installed it on my screen. It is a hard plastic that doesnt interfere with the stylus at all. There is an oily rainbow-ish look from a angle but I dont view my screen at an angle so it doesnt bother me. Looks great and installed easy. No bubbles. So if anyone wants a good screen protector I would recommend this one. It is 20$ I believe from incipio/microsoft store, so check on ebay first!

TeknoBlast

I mentioned in another post that I'm not big on screen protectors on any device. I always thought the screen would take away the beauty of any display. Yesterday I visited the Ghost Amor kiosk at the mall and wanted to get the carbon fiber body wrap excluding the screen protector. Since the guy didn't have any skins available for the Pro, only RT, he didn't charge me at all for the screen protector and he installed it for me. I guess he threw it in since I have to return when my order comes in. With that said, the screen protector is pretty nice and doesn't interfere with the stylus. So I'm pretty happy with it.

spectre51

I bought one from XtremeGuard.com covers the screen and back of the surface pro. I like it for the back best for extra protection. For the screen it works good for touch stuff but does cause the pen to not be as smooth. Has that rubbery feel so the pen sticks more. I'm gonna leave it on and see how it works. See if I can get used to it. Just don't want to end up with a scratch in this thing.

Last edited:

Krooked

My Ipad 3 has the same surface as my SP and I have been BRUTAL on the Ipad.

No scratches whatsoever after 14 months of constant use and I have no desire to mess with protective screens on either device.