What's new

Which Stylus For Surface Pro Do You Like Best?

oion

Why would you want to replace the ACTIVE STYLUS (active digitizer) with a passive capacitive one? (In other words, a passive stylus will never be as good as an active one. Go stock.)

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Do not buy any of the ones you listed, you would want a Wacom Feel or PenEnabled Stylus. The Stock Stylus is one of the better on the market, I also like the Wacom Feel but it doesn't have an eraser.

Last edited:
OP
N

Nickolai

Why would you want to replace the ACTIVE STYLUS (active digitizer) with a passive capacitive one?
Thanks for the clarification! I guess I just assumed that all of them are active ones.

jnjroach: Thank you!

jrhillma

Do not buy any of the ones you listed, you would want a Wacom Feel or PenEnabled Stylus. The Stock Stylus is one of the better on the market, I also like the Wacom Feel but it doesn't have an eraser.

I was taking notes in OneNote in a meeting the other day when the nib suddenly seemed shorter. It was weird; one minute I was writing, stopped to make a couple of comments, started writing again and I swear the nib was about 1mm shorter (the part outside the barrel). Still works, though.

At any rate, I was looking at the Feel stylus for a replacement, but as you note, it doesn't have an eraser. I searched all over but couldn't find anything that has replaceable nibs and an eraser end. I'll probably just wind up buying a replacement Surface stylus (at the exorbitant price) because I do like having the magnet mount. Wish there were a larger after-market in Surface styluses.