What's new

Which Surface Pro 4 issues remain?

JobsiteFish

I posted a few weeks back about battery issues. I am happy to say that battery life has significantly improved for me. I am loving this thing.
I am only having a few random glitches when using the the Microsoft hdmi adapter and a monitor.

Reading thru the thread it looks like Microsoft still has some work to do.

wynand32

So, does anyone use the YouTube app Tubecast Pro? If so, does it work for you with the Intel drivers? Mine sure doesn't... Videos simply won't play, although audio plays. It's a tad frustrating.

JB474

Somehow I must smile at the question ' What Surface Pro 4 issues remain?'. I really wonder what was upgraded wth the last upgrade? I am really bombarded with BSOD (thanks to: anodlwfx.sys (what the hell is it doing and how can I get rid of it?). Subsequently my Windows Hello is somehow corrupted, my keyboard is not recognized anymore, my Onedrive has to be newly installed every time I start this thing up and 2 hrs ago it was suggested to make a complete new re-install (so, plse get back to 'beginning').
So there we go again (not much of a problem but it takes a couple of hours just to reinstall the specific - nothing special - programms).

I must admit: I have been contemplating of returning this second unit but until a couple of days ago, it functioned well.... Furthermore, I'm convinced that MSFT has a winner with this SP4 but I thought they were a software company.... :)

I will you guys posted. Btw the Incipio Faraday Advanced cover for your SP4 is perfect and a real treat.

Are there remaining issues? Yep, I hope there working hard in Redmond.

ps. typed with a Xperia Z4 tablet (it is just perfect!!)

zaskas

Well......sad to see my first post go to this topic.....

Purchased my SP4 i5/8/256 yesterday and those first 30m were awesome......it was the time to get home and turn it on......afterwards it's been all downhill......

Prior to buying I read a lot of "vs" articles but ignorant me (apple fan boy vices???) didn't bother to look at the real world feedback.....

Mail crash crash crash
OneNote crash crash crash

Everything updated and still......crash crash crash.......

It is an awesome piece of HW and I have to say after years of iOS and OSX I am marvelled with W10 overall....

Bottom line......either I get this thing working until the end of the week or it's going back to the store!!!!

zaskas

Zippy0n

my Surface Pro 4 since I got it has been a dream, I had one driver crash and literally everything has been running like smooth lubricated butter oil (if there is such a thing). The Type 4 Cover is a dream to type on.

dstrauss

Broken connected standby

Random weird video behavior (flying start menu)

Overall, it is running better than my SP3, which was pretty solid - the "jumbotron" effect (where external screens suddenly went 500% or larger with all menus off screen) has to be a Windows 10 problem, because my wife's 2014 Dell XPS 15 has done that as well, requiring a full power off reset to restore (a restart will not fix it).

wynand32

So, my latest issue with the December 22 Intel drivers is that my display only has two brightness levels: darker and brightest. So, back to the stock drivers and waiting for Microsoft to issue an update.

isurf

I have SP4 i7 256GB 8GB RAM model. I got it 2 days ago. Works ok but when I use Maya 2016 (3d software) and select any part of a reltively light and simple model the software freezes for half a minute or more. I can switch to other already open software or interact with windows and continue working but Maya stays froozen and then suddenly unfreezes. Until I select again. Extremelly frustrating as I need to be able to display my work on it.

Is it buggy display drivers? What could I do?

radji

So, my latest issue with the December 22 Intel drivers is that my display only has two brightness levels: darker and brightest. So, back to the stock drivers and waiting for Microsoft to issue an update.
Go back to the Intel Iris 540 driver page and download the middle driver package (15.40.14.4352). I downloaded the top one like you and it did the same thing.

After updating to 15.40.14.4352 I can control the brightness again.

jonneymendoza

There is still a lot of issues.

some video games like fifa causes this device to BSOD and the fan kicks in just browsing the web.

Sleep mode still doesnt work and the battery inside these devices have issues:

1st issue is they dont last long, expect between 3-4 hours on a good day on an i7 at least and 2nd issue is that the battery malfunctions and either it wont charge anymore or it wont recognise your dock or charger.

Such a shame this device is still plagued my loads of issues because other then that its a nice looking device and quite functional