What's new

Which will you get Surface 8 or Surface RT?

Which Surface tablet will you get?

• Surface 8

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • Surface RT

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Both

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters

J515OP

Super Moderator
With two distinct options which will you get the Surface 8 or the Surface RT? Why and what would you be willing to pay for your choice?

Ben_J_H

RT as I'm a kid and not a professional

700$ Max! The hardware and capabilities are great but there comes a point where for me it's not worth it

OP
J515OP

J515OP

Super Moderator
For me it is Surface 8 for around $1100. I think this would be a great laptop replacement and also a killer tablet.

I already have a couple of Android tablets so I don't see replacing those with a Surface RT. Based on what we currently know they seem to be about the same thing. Unfortunately experience with a WP7 leads me to believe the current state of apps on the RT platform is going to be way too far behind to switch at the moment.

JobsiteFish

I am going for windows 8 I would be willing to pay up to 1k, as long as it delivers a solid performance. I will wait as long as I have to, my Asus tf300 will cover my needs until release.

My tablet has become an essential tool at work, including work trips.

Ollie

$650 for Win8. Any more than that I will just stick with my laptop. For the $1000 sticker it would make more sense to get the ultras if this just turns out to be another lacking tablet.

bgrau2000

which tablet?

With two distinct options which will you get the Surface 8 or the Surface RT? Why and what would you be willing to pay for your choice?

a few things need to happen for me to buy this new (potentially exciting) MS Tablet:

1. having the money...

2. letting go of my past hoardings by preferably selling (HTC Universal & Angel, Android Tablets TT & FlyTouch)

3. Ending my love story with Linux...

but if money was no matter, I guess 2. and 3. will be spurious, and I will go for the Windows 8 Prof. Tablet...

anyone buy me one as a gift, maybe Bill Gates,... LOL!

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
There's no way I could pay more than $750 for the top of the line model. If I'm going to do more hard core computing then I'm going to sit down at a desk top and get work done. To me tablets need to be flexible, have a ton of battery life and be priced less than a powerful desk top.