What's new

Who is getting one? Why or Why not?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just saw it at Staples, pretty light, but the bezel is too big, MS could make it to 11” under the same size, I’ll still stick with my 4 years old SP3 until surface go has big change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I love the bezel size, and never understand this push for bezeless displays. Where am I meant to hold it? I need somewhere to place my thumb to get a firm grip.

Plantje

To be honest: the iPad just looks great. Functionality set aside: the bezels look kinda 1993 :)

I think the bezels on my Surface Pro are ok. Shouldn't be any bigger. I have an Archis Cesium 80. I love the fact that the side bezels are this thin.

Currently I am on vacation and I am using my Samsung Galaxy S8 as navigation. I am this happy with it that I am thinking more and more not to build my SP in the car, but buy a separate Android tablet (Samsung Tab S2/3 or the new 16:10 variant) and run Google Maps, Spotify etc from that. Point here is: small bezels in such cases are a blessing as it looks much better!

Oj37

I got one because it was closer to the price of an iPad AND it will play DVDs (and Blu-Ray with the right software)! STUPID iPad will not play a DVD (even with an external DVD drive). Shortsighted if you ask me. So, now I have a tablet that will play a DVD.

jrioux

It looks nice, but my current devices - S3, Acer Switch 12, Samsung Tab-E 9.6 and new Fire HD 8 - serve me well right now.

I might be ready when they come out with the Surface Go 3.

yonghong

It looks nice, but my current devices - S3, Acer Switch 12, Samsung Tab-E 9.6 and new Fire HD 8 - serve me well right now.

I might be ready when they come out with the Surface Go 3.

Same story, this month I got 2 tablet , 2018 iPad LTE for $400 CAD , Samsung Tab E 8 for $0 with bell. Also have SP3, iPad mini 4, iPad 4.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Compusmurf

I got the most basic model with points I had stored up. My main PC is SB2, this one stays in my living room as a media consumption device and for quick Google searches and random solitaire games. For my needs, its perfect. When I need real power or games, I have my "real" computer.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Plantje

If that is your basic usage....why not use a simple Android tablet? (No judgement, just a question)

bronsky

Probably returning my Go before the 30 day return period runs so I can get an LTE after they are announced on October second. Microsoft should just let us that were within the 30 day window of the LTE release just upgrade when they arrive by paying the extra $$ for the LTE.

Reactions: m-a

Plantje

Because I sometimes need windows apps if I travel, like next week.
Agreed, then you need Windows.

I have thought about getting an Android tablet "on the side", but that would mean yet another device. In a lot of cases Android is good enough, but sometimes you need full office for example. Currently I am really hoping my employer will roll out the Bring Your Own Computer initiative to the Netherlands. If not I am always taking my Surface Pro ánd a laptop from my employer to a client site. The Surface Pro is then only for personal needs, taking notes and usage in the car.
For personal usage and usage in the car I can perhaps even better purchase an additional Android tablet. But still a shame to have a Surface Pro for home use only :(