What's new

Who is getting one? Why or Why not?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Before the ProX bezels can go mainstream, Microsoft needs to greatly improve edge rejection... Imagine grabbing your device by the edge and the web page wildly scrolls down ... particularly annoying now that we are "blessed" with endlessly scrolling web pages.

And that's the most important part! I own a SP2017 Advanced LTE myself and I am very happy with it! But for my kids (6 and 9) I would prefer something less expensive and more able to run most apps. A chromebook would be nice in that case.
However, for the time being, I have a small desktop with an i3 and 8GB of RAM for my daughter and for both kids a Galaxy Tab A 2019. My boy and I share one and my wife and our daughter share one. That is sufficient.

I like your comment when it comes to bezels. I would really like the next Surface Go release and SP8 to be more like the Surface Pro X. That would be nice!

Yes, it is very important when kids are involved in the mix. Chromebooks will do in lower education and are quite affordable. It is a mystery to me about pricing when it comes to the Surface Go. Those prices seemed to be aimed at university students. I am sure that many would disagree with me on this and that is fine.

Let’s see is the bezels get any thinner on the Surface Go 3.

Cheers!

djaeby

I bought my SurfaceGo because I needed something iPad size that will run a program I use for listing on Etsy. It’s called Sixbit and they don’t make it for anything other than windows.

Turbo4AWD

I bought my SurfaceGo because I needed something iPad size that will run a program I use for listing on Etsy. It’s called Sixbit and they don’t make it for anything other than windows.
This is the biggest reason to get any Surface Tablet over any iPad. So many restrictions on iPad. "video not available on mobile" website takes you to the mobile version only and you can't get all of the functions on the website because the mobile site is watered down and missing links, you can backup an iPad Pro to a Surface Go using iTunes, but not the other way around, I can go on and on about how limited the iPad is due to iPad OS that it's just worth getting the Surface Pro and stop trying to fit the Surface Pro into a "laptop" category when it's a Tablet first and the keyboard is an optional purchase.

Apple users must have been scared that Microsoft came up with a better solution and started spreading the "...it's not a tablet, it's a laptop..." description like wildfire to keep them from hurting about their "baby" iPad Pro. It's just sad they try to lump the Surface Pro which is a Tablet by Form Factor (which is what defines a device) and NOT a Laptop.

Now the iPad Pro has a keyboard but they don't call it a "2-in-1 Laptop", they still call it an iPad...Apple just realized that tablets are powerful due to their flexibility of being a tablet, laptop, or desktop (with docking station of course) so now they're scrambling. First they took the iPad off of iOS and created a whole separate OS JUST FOR the iPad Pro and call it iPad OS...now with M1 I won't be surprised if they allow MacOS on iPad Pros in the future with "Touch Functionality"....meanwhile Microsoft has been there all this time....smh

djaeby

The only compliment I can pay to the iPad/iPhone is that even a moron could use it. But Microsoft is the best. I know I reach for my iPad more often than I do my Surface Go, but not when I need to do something other than play or social media.