What's new

Who is pre-ordering? And which model are you pre-ordering?

souldier

As far as I know, they are pricing the S2 and SP2 at the same price as when the first generation devices were released. 899 for 64gb and 999 for 128gb for the surface pro 2

olimjj

The main intent of product iterations, while not ignoring the present owner upgrade market, is primarily to increase new user adoption. I, as a present SP PRO 1 user am still tempted to go with the 256GB /8gb model, but I have not yet decided. If I were a new user, I would without any hesitation.

souldier

That price is to steep for me. I plan on buying the sp1 or the Lenovo yoga 11s.

Hey Arun01 the surface pro 2 currently costs just $100 more than the surface pro 1. If I were you I'd spring the extra one hundred to get the multi angle kick stand, extended battery life, and small boost in performance. The extra battery life would be the big seller for me because 4 and half hours of battery life on my SP1 puts me in a few tight situations sometimes.

I would also put off getting the Lenovo Yoga 11s since I sense they are going to announce the next Lenovo 11 any moment now. They already announced the next Yoga 13 coming out this October called the Lenovo yoga pro 2. EVEN IF you didn't want to get the next generation yogas, if you just wait a few months the current ones will drop significantly in price. Personally I am leaning toward selling my Surface Pro 1 and probably getting the Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro which has a 3200x1800 resolution, 9 hours battery life, back lit keyboard, adjustable screen with multiple modes, 2 usb ports, full SD card slot. Or I'd consider the 11 inch version of this

Last edited:
Im tempted to pre-order the Surface 2. I'm a heavy office user and since owning the RT I've realised I really dont need the pro.. although it does look nice.

But the rt version of office is dumbdown, for example in excel you can't use data analysis or use add ons. Maybe that would be added..

Arun01

Hey Arun01 the surface pro 2 currently costs just $100 more than the surface pro 1. If I were you I'd spring the extra one hundred to get the multi angle kick stand, extended battery life, and small boost in performance. The extra battery life would be the big seller for me because 4 and half hours of battery life on my SP1 puts me in a few tight situations sometimes.

I would also put off getting the Lenovo Yoga 11s since I sense they are going to announce the next Lenovo 11 any moment now. They already announced the next Yoga 13 coming out this October called the Lenovo yoga pro 2. EVEN IF
you didn't want to get the next generation yogas, if you just wait a few months the current ones will drop significantly in
price. Personally I am leaning toward selling my Surface Pro 1 and probably getting the Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro which has a
3200x1800 resolution, 9 hours battery life, back lit keyboard, adjustable screen with multiple modes, 2 usb ports, full SD card slot. Or I'd consider the 11 inch version of this

Thanks I may just buy the sp1 which I've seen for $600 lately & buy that power cover that goes with the new sp2.

souldier

Thanks I may just buy the sp1 which I've seen for $600 lately & buy that power cover that goes with the new sp2.

Is it selling for $600 used or refurbished? Mind you, the power cover will cost $200 so in total you will be spending $800 which would be around the price of a Lenovo yoga 11s