What's new

Who is pre-ordering? And which model are you pre-ordering?

Nuspieds

I pre-ordered mine today and I can't wait for it to arrive next month!

I chose the 256GB version and the Type Cover 2 but what I was also hoping to pre-order were two docking stations, but they were not available to pre-order. :(

All I can do now is hope that they become available by the time I get my SP 2.

olimjj

I pre-ordered mine today and I can't wait for it to arrive next month!

I chose the 256GB version and the Type Cover 2 but what I was also hoping to pre-order were two docking stations, but they were not available to pre-order. :(

All I can do now is hope that they become available by the time I get my SP 2.

Congrats. I am sure it will Surface soon enough. LOL:)

demandarin

wow, everyone is gunning for the 256gb version with 8gb of ram. that's the one I want also.

to the other poster, the pro now is a capable gaming pc. so the next version would only naturally be better. they said at the event that the gpu performance of the new model/hd4400 has a 50% power increase over the hd4000 . so that sounds pretty significant to me. plus the extra ram helps also. even still, current pro is playing steam games just fine for me. the newer model could likely run higher graphics settings on games and have higher fps.

im like you though, the update is slapping me in the face also. as I got my pro like a month ago.there was no mention of the Microsoft event back then. or I definitely would've waited.

drolem

Nio SP 2 for me, at least not now. Nice as they are, they just don't provide enough plus for me over the original 128G Surface Pro . However, I will most certainly get a car charger, and possibly a power cover.

shazada

Hi All, I almost did pre-order it, but then again I guessed just buying from a local shop is much easier for warranty.

My Asus tablet, as though it is, still went back once and I don't want to hassle with shipping it to a service center etc.

karu11

My oh my, I hit the purchase button and pre-ordered a 512gb version with 8gb of ram with BestBuy. I'm plead insanity for spending that much but I'm looking forward to it. Right now i have a sp1 128gb and travel for work every week. Played GW2 and FFXIV on SP1 and its not amazing, but playable and it feeds my need to game while i'm out traveling for work. So i'm really interested in performance with the hd4400.

karu11

8/128 here too.

but what is the point of preordering? it's not as if they are going to run out of stock

Its paranoia. So when the Surface first came out, I had a bad experience of driving the tri-state area until I can find one in stock and that was the week after(i think i don't remember if i got it the same weekend of launch or the week after)..but I didn't preorder then. It'll probably not go the same way again, but i just want to be sure this time lol.

dellaster

8/128 here too.

but what is the point of preordering? it's not as if they are going to run out of stock

The question should be: why *not* pre-order? The MS Store doesn't charge your card until it ships, you can cancel up until it ships if you change your mind, it will ship the earliest date possible (by the 21st), and there is a chance, no matter how small, that one or more of the SKUs *will* temporarily sell out. Pre-ordering is a no-lose choice that only takes a few minutes.

Also, I wish such a thing as a 128/8 did exist. I don't need a 256GB SSD, but I can definitely use 8GB RAM. Dragon Naturally Speaking, for example, will use its best mode all the time only if you have at least that much (or so I understand from the manual).

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

Dim-Ize

I'm actually torn on what to do... I have one more week to return my precious new SP 128.

I just can't determine (without benchmarks) if it would improve my satisfaction regarding games. I'd say I'm satisfied with storage, battery and the kickstand (I have a case on mine that helps with that).

Is it worth $400 for the return & re-setup headache - for the expected improvement to the 8/256 with the processor bump and hd4400? My mind tells me "no". My heart tells me "yes". On the other hand, I could just go for $100 more and get the 4/128... I should just learn to be content.