What's new

Who is pre-ordering? And which model are you pre-ordering?

D

Deleted member 10837

I'm actually torn on what to do... I have one more week to return my precious new SP 128.

I just can't determine (without benchmarks) if it would improve my satisfaction regarding games. I'd say I'm satisfied with storage, battery and the kickstand (I have a case on mine that helps with that).

Is it worth $400 for the return & re-setup headache - for the expected improvement to the 8/256 with the processor bump and hd4400? My mind tells me "no". My heart tells me "yes". On the other hand, I could just go for $100 more and get the 4/128... I should just learn to be content.

Microsoft Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 benchmarks and hands-on | PCWorld

The Surface Pro 2 scored 10% higher in graphics benchmark over the 3317U which is consistent with comparable ultrabooks. I'm curious what's such a headache to setup?

kristalsoldier

While I won't be pre-ordering and I know elsewhere on the forum I said that I will probably sit out this iteration, however...however...there is a creeping acquisitiveness building up. Thus, for example, I am certainly going to get the Type2 (backlit) cover. I will also get the Arc Mouse. And, I caught myself trying to sweet-talk my partner into looking favourably onto my admittedly weak (at least at the moment) arguments in getting the Surface 2. Some of my arguments ran like this: 200GB of Skydrive; the free Skype calls; the two-step kickstand (which, I speculate largely for her benefit, will help me with my neck and upper back ache about which she has - more than once - expressed her concern) etc.

So, come Nov-Dec., let's see!!!! Fingers crossed!!!!!

Dim-Ize

Microsoft Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 benchmarks and hands-on | PCWorld

The Surface Pro 2 scored 10% higher in graphics benchmark over the 3317U which is consistent with comparable ultrabooks. I'm curious what's such a headache to setup?

Thanks for the link, Name Taken!

Looks like a marginal improvement at best according to benchmarks (run in a hurried fashion).

The "headache" for setup is due to time it takes. Maybe wrong word. But, setting up and mapping my VPN / Firewall / intranet / printers / files, software setup and move, patches and tweaks. It is just a time issue.

I discovered today that my return / exchange expires on 10/14. So, I think I may go ahead and make the jump. I just loathe fooling with it but would rather do it than have remorse.

T

TheConstruct

If the Surface 2 came in black I would have already preordered one. I won’t buy gadgets that aren’t black.

kristalsoldier

If the Surface 2 came in black I would have already preordered one. I won’t buy gadgets that aren’t black.

I thought the Surface 2 came in two colours - the silver and other in the original colour (that is, the colour of the original Surface RT).

Edit: Nopes it does not! It is available only in Magnesium - not the titanium colour as the 2st Edition.

Last edited:

Szadzik

Not into white gadgets, but still I have pre-ordered a Surfacce 2. I hope there will be a matching keyboard for sale.

T

TheConstruct

From Twitter.

Attachments

• Surface.PNG
    Surface.PNG
    5.4 KB · Views: 524

CrippsCorner

I guess it helps to differentiate them further. Although I hope they do expand the magnesium colour to the Surface Pro 3... haven't seen it in the flesh yet but I think it looks really cool from the images.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The Surface 2 isn't white, it is a light grey (the natural color of the VaporMag chassis).