What's new

Who makes a high quality replacement power cord that's at least 5ft long thats less than $5?

One of my biggest peeves with the power adapter is the short 1.5ft power cord. I really like the modern, high quality looks of it though. Can you guys suggest a high quality replacement power cord that is at least 5 ft in length and around $5? I don't want a cheap generic one though. Maybe I'm asking too much.

I noticed it a C7 power cord, or the Figure-8 style power cord.

So far, all I could find is this $10 cable off ebay, but with shipping it's $13, and then to buy two of them (one for me, one for wife) its $24.

$13 - NEW Genuine Original Microsoft Surface Pro 2 3 Extension Power Cord 6 Feet Long

$_57.JPG

That's way more than I want to pay, but might just have to if I can't find anything almost as good quality wise, for cheaper.

I'm really just looking to spend no more than $10 (for two), but don't want a cheap generic one, as I see them available for $1 each. All suggestions are welcome!

B

B'midbar

One of my biggest peeves with the power adapter is the short 1.5ft power cord. I really like the modern, high quality looks of it though. Can you guys suggest a high quality replacement power cord that is at least 5 ft in length and around $5? I don't want a cheap generic one though. Maybe I'm asking too much.

I noticed it a C7 power cord, or the Figure-8 style power cord.

So far, all I could find is this $10 cable off ebay, but with shipping it's $13, and then to buy two of them (one for me, one for wife) its $24.

$13 - NEW Genuine Original Microsoft Surface Pro 2 3 Extension Power Cord 6 Feet Long

$_57.JPG

That's way more than I want to pay, but might just have to if I can't find anything almost as good quality wise, for cheaper.

I'm really just looking to spend no more than $10 (for two), but don't want a cheap generic one, as I see them available for $1 each. All suggestions are welcome!

Wouldn't this one do? - http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-ft-AC-Pow...=Laptop_Adapters_Chargers&hash=item1e9314c0bb

B

B'midbar

dude the shipping is like $11 bucks! not what the OP is looking for...

Suggest you look at the hypelink's auction post again. Cable is $4.99 w/free shipping. Pretty sure per the OP's original post it's exactly what he was looking, asking for.

Zog1971

Why don't you just buy an extension on the cheap?
This is exactly what I did. I bought a regular 6ft extension power cable from Wal-Mart for $2.99. I keep it in my backpack and use it primarily when extra distance is needed for my SP3, but it has come in handy when needing to charge other items, too. Very useful, cheap, not bulky and light! :)

Ya, I was trying to find something that looked good with the SP3 charger, and after looking for a cheap alternative, I decided not to go cheap, and just order the genuine 6ft power cord off ebay in my original post.

Spending over $1200 on my SP3, I figured I should give it the best, plus, $24 is not gonna kill me.Especially having a mild case of OCD, it would be eating at my subconsciousness if the longer power cord did not match the aesthetics of the power adapter.

In the end, I think I made the right (know really) choice going with the genuine surfac e pro 6ft power cord. Maybe this will help somebody else that has the same mindset as me.

Usually, I do go cheap on vertain things, but the SP3 being my baby, I just can't do it.

Next up.... Trying to find the best deal on the
Thule - Gauntlet 2.0 Attaché Case for 13" Apple® MacBook® Pro - Black

Any suggestions?

7576116_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

Last edited: