What's new

Who Will be Upgrading?

omega1234

To the alleged SP3 to be released tomorrow? If so, what are you going to upgrade from? I'll be considering moving up from my original 64gb RT.

TeknoBlast

I have the 128GB SPro 1. So looking forward to the specs for the SPro3. Really hope the 128GB model is 999.99, not 1299.99. I can just hope.

xbilly

This is the supposed pricing for Surface Pro 3.

i3-4GB RAM-64GB - $799
i5-4GB RAM-128GB - $999
i5-8GB RAM-256GB - $1299
i7-8GB RAM-256GB - $1549
i7-8GB RAM-512GB - $1949

I'm happy with my SP2 but am interested in the Mini providing its not crazy expensive.

Not really for me. Being thinner and lighter is great and all but the SP2 really isn't all that heavy or thick. I also don't mind the Type Cover 2 at all, or the trackpad. 10.6" is also just the perfect size for me. I feel that 12" is just too big to a be a great tablet as well as a laptop.

The only real improvements I see are the flexible kickstand, which looks really useful for drawing, and the improving cooling and battery life. Other than that, doesn't really seem all too revolutionary to consider an upgrade. Maybe in a year or so.

I also much prefer the black of the SP2.

Guybrush

I agree, not for me either. I love the size of SP2, I enjoy the Wacom digitizer. The only things I envy of SP2 are the new kickstand and I think the SP3 is not easy to scratch as SP2 and I think it will have more success cause I know a lot of people that said my SP2 is too small so I think people will prefer a bigger screen anyway for my tastes 10.6 is perfect so.

Pro Surfer

I also love the size of my SP2. I am just learning now that this SP3 will not have a Wacom digitizer and have less pressure sensitivity than my SP2? The pen is the most important part of the Surface line for what I use it for.