What's new

Whoa. New "Surface Book" just shown

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Definately more interest in buying this than the sp4 :) I'm not sure why people were surprised by the detachable screen. One look at the design and the screen vents and it was clear what was up.

Very excited. The benefits of the surface for uni with the ability to game and do real work.

kc912

I have to say the pricing is a little steep, not for what it is but I really couldn't justify it stacked up against the SP4. The GPU model starts at $1899....
surfacebookpricing.jpg

fonzman78

Definately more interest in buying this than the sp4 :) I'm not sure why people were surprised by the detachable screen. One look at the design and the screen vents and it was clear what was up.

Very excited. The benefits of the surface for uni with the ability to game and do real work.

Yes, this is what we gamers have been waiting for. A Surface that can play hardcore games and still be a tablet. I will definitely purchase the Surface Book. Now, just need to decide which model. :)

fonzman78

Wonder if the removable tablet will have the kickstand like the SP3. I don't recall having seen that. Surely...

This was the first thing that crossed my mind when he showcased the tablet. I was looking hard at the tablet part and, sadly, I didn't see any cut in the back indicating that it had the kickstand. Anyone else see differently?

marcux

No kickstand on the book, but i'm positive someone will come out with a case that has a kickstand for it. Now I just need to figure out how i'm going to protect mine when it arrives on the 26th..

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
No love for the UK. The products do t even exist on the UK site let alone be I g able to pre-order. With free shipping and returns I'll just buy both the book and the pro 4 and keep which I like best (the book looks absurd when closed. All that opportunity for someyhi g to slip inside and damage the screen)

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
No love for the UK. The products do t even exist on the UK site let alone be I g able to pre-order. With free shipping and returns I'll just buy both the book and the pro 4 and keep which I like best (the book looks absurd when closed. All that opportunity for someyhi g to slip inside and damage the screen)
Preordering isn't until tomorrow and last time I checked they were NOT listed on the US Microsoft Store yet.

BearFlag

Am I the only one that thinks the pricing is too steep for this product? It seems like a great product but is more expensive than a 13" Macbook Pro. Not that I want a Macbook but I actually might consider getting a Thinkpad Yoga 460 instead.

I like the product but am disappointed with the pricing.

tonypitt

The pricing is very steep. I haven't seen a price yet for one with 1 TB of storage. I figure that will probably be in the high 2's if not higher. I'm not sure who the target is for this device. It almost seems like, given the price point, that this is more of a "proof of concept" device.

If the device were perfect I might jump on it sight unseen at the current prices, but when you factor in things like no kickstand on the monitor and a few other (minor) concerns I have, this moved from an immediate buy to a wait and see for me.

I swear MS think they are Apple. They need to remember that people with PCs think computers are $500.
I'm still sad that the Pen doesn't detect angle. No GPS.
And unlike Apple's keynote, MS doesn't talk specs. What's up with that?
I heard the keyboard houses extra batteries. Is the SP4 "XL", whatever they are calling the tablet on the Surfacebook, a hybrid for GPU? It would be great if the tablet portion still got 12hrs of casual use, and ++ time when on the keyboard and NOT using the NVIDIA GPU.