What's new

Who's getting one?

ChiGGz

I like the prospect of a 14" SP4, but one of the key things I love about my 12" SP3, is that I don't have to put it away during airplane takeoffs and landings.

Not sure if I can get away with that with a 14" screen lol.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like the prospect of a 14" SP4, but one of the key things I love about my 12" SP3, is that I don't have to put it away during airplane takeoffs and landings.

Not sure if I can get away with that with a 14" screen lol.
I don't really think that's a good thing as it will just become a projectile in an accident. I never want to see the headline, passenger beheaded by flying Surface Pro 3. :(

ChiGGz

An inherent risk with any tablet device. At least with the thinner SP4, the cut will be cleaner :rolleyes:

But let's not divert this topic into an airline safety discussion. If airlines allow it, so be it.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
An inherent risk with any tablet device. At least with the thinner SP4, the cut will be cleaner :rolleyes:

But let's not divert this topic into an airline safety discussion. If airlines allow it, so be it.
ha ha all for the cleaner cut :)

godson594

I'll probably have work get me one. I have been through so many different devices in the last couple years... I have a real love/hate relationship with the surface line.

I need to take notes and sketch. I will always hate the lack of a clamshell keyboard option. If Microsoft made an addon that let me do clamshell style keyboard I would be super happy.

Dim-Ize

I have the SP2 - and skipped the SP3 upgrade. I would have really enjoyed the SP3 form factor but couldn't cost justify it for myself. My SP2 is getting a weird fan noise when playing games or taxing it hard.

I am very eager to see what the final specs will be. Until I can see the launched product and discern how it performs from reviews, I'm just in wishlist mode.

LuckyL

as it will come with Windows 10, I will certainly not get one.
I shall keep using my current SP2 while looking for alternatives - which is a pity, I love the concept that the Surface offers.
There's hope they might fix the disaster that Windows 10 is but I am not holding my breath.

I would buy it as I have a Surface pro 2. But the SP4 has to have a good pen. If not I would rather get one of the other all in one tablets that are coming out. The MS surface was different as it came with a digitizer stylus.

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

as it will come with Windows 10, I will certainly not get one.
I shall keep using my current SP2 while looking for alternatives - which is a pity, I love the concept that the Surface offers.
There's hope they might fix the disaster that Windows 10 is but I am not holding my breath.

Thing is... Windows 10 is forever (so they say) so I guess you'll never be upgrading! :eek: