What's new

Who's using the Microsoft Dial with their SP4?

I'm interested in getting the Dial. The main applications I use with my Surface are Office 365 and the Adobe Creative Suite. Can anyone tell me how well the Dial works with these apps on the SP4, as well as other apps most people use?

Thanks!

Jesse

OP
J

Jesse Segovia

Thanks very much for the reply. I notice the list of apps with extra features for the Dial includes Office Win32 version apps - does this mean my 64 bit versions will not have these extra features?

And did you have to get any extra Windows version or patch to use the Dial or does it work with the latest Win10 version you'd get from auto-upgrade?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks very much for the reply. I notice the list of apps with extra features for the Dial includes Office Win32 version apps - does this mean my 64 bit versions will not have these extra features?

And did you have to get any extra Windows version or patch to use the Dial or does it work with the latest Win10 version you'd get from auto-upgrade?
X64 versions work fine...you need to be on the Spring Creator's Update and the Spring update of the Office 365 Client...

OP
J

Jesse Segovia

X64 versions work fine...you need to be on the Spring Creator's Update and the Spring update of the Office 365 Client...
Thanks again! I have Windows auto-update enabled on the Surface and I just force updated my Office365 apps. Is there a way to specifically check if I have these updates or should I just get the Dial and try it out?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks again! I have Windows auto-update enabled on the Surface and I just force updated my Office365 apps. Is there a way to specifically check if I have these updates or should I just get the Dial and try it out?
You should be good to go...