What's new

Why Did You Buy Your Surface Pro and How Do You Use It?

oion

"Faulty unit"?
Reason enough to be disappointed, no??

Yes. But that "buyer beware" thinking really goes to every single purchase you can make. To generalize a product line based on, potentially, a single faulty unit you haven't tried to exchange or troubleshoot yet (did you contact MS?) is unreasonable. Hyperbole like "endless" bugs--actually, Microsoft has been better than virtually any other vendor in recent memory when it comes to consistent patching and ongoing development.

Only a few years ago, the laptop hardware fault rate was 20%, by the way. I doubt that number has changed much.

If you're having that many problems with your unit, you really should go through official channels about it.

ignatz

Well, I don't expect you to know all of my trials and tribulations with SP2 and the Type Cover, but I can assure you that I have now purchased/exchanged 2 of each(!)... so my "hyperbole" is based more in reality than your hyperbolic head-in-the-sand defense of a faulty and inconsistent product. (or are my complaints the only ones that you can find here on this forum??)
But if yours was good... I'm happy for you.
That said, don't expect me to cheerlead along with you.

ignatz

Yes. But that "buyer beware" thinking really goes to every single purchase you can make. To generalize a product line based on, potentially, a single faulty unit you haven't tried to exchange or troubleshoot yet (did you contact MS?) is unreasonable. Hyperbole like "endless" bugs--actually, Microsoft has been better than virtually any other vendor in recent memory when it comes to consistent patching and ongoing development.

Only a few years ago, the laptop hardware fault rate was 20%, by the way. I doubt that number has changed much.

If you're having that many problems with your unit, you really should go through official channels about it.
Btw, talk about hyperbole. Where are your statistics to back up THAT claim??

CrippsCorner

TrollFaceDancing_large.gif

Arizona Willie

Well I dug around on Wacom's site and finally found it. I'm pasting in the links as they showed in my address bar. The first one is the url that worked, the second is what showed when I clicked on the link and got the 404 page not found error.

I tried two different browsers clicking on the link and got the same result with both: 404 page not found

It's curious it works for you but not for me.

Anyway, I finally got it and just installed it.

Thanks for the heads up.

Wacom Feel Driver | Wacom Americas = correct url

http://www.wacom.com/en/us/404?prevUrl=/en/us/feeldriver = url from link

Arizona Willie the site is working fine for me. Maybe try clearing your cache and give it another shot.

I got my surface rt back in February and although I love it because it was my first tablet, it was too slow for me. Browsing was laggy and launching of apps was as well.

My boyfriend and I originally decided to go with the Surface 2 as a replacement but they are literally sold out EVERYWHERE..... so I knew I wanted a new laptop or something to replace my pos laptop and my surface rt.

I decided to get the pro(original) because why not and I absolutely love it. So much faster and I am glad to be able to use full windows. I do miss free office but this is my new favorite toy and I am loving it.

Projeckt_Mahy3m

I bought a Surface Pro (1st gen) at TechEd 2013 in NOLA. The *ONLY* reason I bought was because it was so heavily discounted to conference attendees. I figured I could turn around and sell it if I didn't like it.

I've now ditched my Dell Latitude at work for a Surface Pro 2.

Yea. There are flaws here and there. I'm annoyed with the faulty firmware causing battery indicator and sleep issues, but it's being addressed.

My only complaint about the Surface is the magnetic attachment of the stylus. It always falls off. Would be nice if you could 'dock' the stylus IN the device.

charly1811

I got mine because I'm going to do the computer science degree . I wanted something I can have anytime at university to take note easily , work and which is a good piece of hardware for programming and playing games.
And now as I have DualBooted with ArchLinux I have the Computer/Tablet of my dreams

Last edited: