What's new

Why do email attachments take forever to download

ArnoldC

Mail app - 'Send via SkyDrive' option

Dear mods, I surely overlooked (more of I can't find it) the thread dedicated to the Mail app, so please just merge this into that.

Do you folks notice this message when forwarding attachments? I'm forwarding two attachments, a little over 2MB in size, and this message showed up.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Dear mods, I surely overlooked (more of I can't find it) the thread dedicated to the Mail app, so please just merge this into that.

Do you folks notice this message when forwarding attachments? I'm forwarding two attachments, a little over 2MB in size, and this message showed up.

I haven't seen that one yet.

(This seemed like the most appropriate mail thread dealing with attachments)

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
This was an option since day one, escpecially if you share a file via skydrive-app->share-charm->mail.
In my opinion a handy thing.

ArnoldC

Not using share charm. Right in the mail content itself when it's forwarded.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

FFX

Mail provider?

I haven't experienced this problem either. I have received and sent some attachments, and seen no problem with the transfer speed. Can the problem be mail provider related?

One of the advantages of the Surface Pro is that it runs Windows programs, not just scaled down "Apps," but real programs. Using Outlook 2010 - I have zero issue with downloading and managing attachments or any sort of mail.

The best mail program is Outlook, always has been. If one has the Pro, it is clearly the mail client to use.

J515OP

Super Moderator
If one has the Pro, it is clearly the mail client to use.

And if one doesn't? I think the thread is focused on the native mail app for those that don't or can't have Outlook. Most would probably prefer it but RT users definitely can't have it and Pro users still have to have a copy of Office.