What's new

Why do so many video sites not work?

R0bR

My whitelist isn't hacked and I can play the linked video as well. Also interesting comment about the Store considering it was just voted most innovative of all Stores beating both Apple and Google in that category. Anyways, enjoy your pad.

I went to the site, the video came up and played flawlessly, everything I've wanted has. There have been a few inconsequential places I haven't seen video, but to this point it hasn't been important.

NGC

I hate my Ipad because it can't play flash. YES there are browsers like Puffin that play a jerky version of flash. If the Surface can't play flash I might as well stick with this horrible Apple Ipad.

compnovo

I went to the site, the video came up and played flawlessly...

Ditto for me.
All of us that purchased the Surface RT are early adopters (new OS on new hardware). Considering that, I'd say the number of known issues reported (the above doesn't count) have been relatively few.

Last edited:

ScottyS

I don't even see the video or an "X" on both MUI IE and desktop IE on my SP3, I just see a blank space.
But when I copy and paste the url into Firefox the video plays fine, even full screen at 720p.

So I don't consider that a Surface problem but probably some setting in IE trying to keep me safe from malware or something. Can you load the url into Firefox on an iPad? Can you have Firefox and IE running side-by-side or drag their windows around while you got 6 other app windows open on the desk top on an iPad. I think not.

The Surface is a computer, the Surface Pro is a full PC. The iPad is just an iPhone with a big screen and no phone.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I don't even see the video or an "X" on both MUI IE and desktop IE on my SP3, I just see a blank space.
But when I copy and paste the url into Firefox the video plays fine, even full screen at 720p.

So I don't consider that a Surface problem but probably some setting in IE trying to keep me safe from malware or something. Can you load the url into Firefox on an iPad? Can you have Firefox and IE running side-by-side or drag their windows around while you got 6 other app windows open on the desk top on an iPad. I think not.

The Surface is a computer, the Surface Pro is a full PC. The iPad is just an iPhone with a big screen and no phone.
Scotty this thread is almost 2 years old :)

ScottyS

Sorry, didn't every look at the date. Must have seen it listed as a "Similar Threads" below and just started reading it.