What's new

Why do some Windows Apps open & immediately minimize?

WAR

Some of my Windows apps (Spotify, Nook, etc) open and then immediately minimize to the task bar on the desktop view. If I select them from the task bar, they do the same thing again. Any ideas why that happens?

ctitanic

Some of my Windows apps (Spotify, Nook, etc) open and then immediately minimize to the task bar on the desktop view. If I select them from the task bar, they do the same thing again. Any ideas why that happens?
That means that they crashed. Try uninstalling and reinstalling them.

OP
WAR

WAR

Thanks ctitanic but that didn't work. Looks like those having a similar problem on the Microsoft Community Forums are being steered toward a system refresh. I'll just delete the apps before I go to that extreme . . .

ctitanic

Thanks ctitanic but that didn't work. Looks like those having a similar problem on the Microsoft Community Forums are being steered toward a system refresh. I'll just delete the apps before I go to that extreme . . .
Refreshing for sure will fix it.

Jinglekitties

I have done a complete refresh on my brandnew SP4 and this problem is still present, with all apps, and with the W10 before and after the Anniversary Update. I cannot get my mouse nor my pen to hold the window still so that I can use it. I am not running anything other than Office 2016 and voice recognition software (Dragon NatSpeak) and the standard W10 programmes. Any suggestions much appreciated.