What's new

Why does my screen look bad?

Tylervit

I just received my surface pro in the mail, and I'm loving it. Its taking time adjusting to the keyboard from my huge desktop keyboard, but thats a personal issue lol

But why does my screen look really bad? Is it Windows 8? The screen? While in firefox now i have no issues, but my desktop looks like crap right now and some of my app icons in the Windows 8 Interface look like crap. Any explanation why?

Capture.PNG

OP
T

Tylervit

I'm not quite sure what verbage I should use. The pixels are very "messed up" in some regions on the surface as you can see at the bottom of the image I posted. With such a high resolution, I wouldnt expect that to happen. Sure, its a minor detail, but I've never seen that happen on any tablet or any device.

OP
T

Tylervit

Wow I just checked from my phone and the image does look perfect. Here is a pic I took with my phone, notice the bottom of the screen.

photo(1).JPG

J515OP

Super Moderator
Now that is strange. It sort of looks like there is one of those screen films that comes on new devices on it. A return may be in order if the screen is clean and nothing is on it.

OP
T

Tylervit

The weird thing is that I can move a window over those spots and itll fix it. But then somewhere in the internet browser I'll get the same issue. I was assuming that I would potentially have to send it back, but I was really hoping not :/

And its almost at full charge now lol. Thanks guys I'll let you know if something gets figured out.

magicrobots

Yes, that sounds like a software thing - something a little berserk in your video driver or something. Do what J515OP suggests; hopefully that'll do it - and if not then at least you'll be positive that you got a lemon. Which would suck.

bosamar

I recall Apple having a problem with an earlier iPad model where they blamed it on, 'the glue is still drying'...

OP
T

Tylervit

Just to update, I called Microsoft and they sent me a replacement within 2 days. They have a separate batch of units for exchanges so it was a quick process. Screen looks great now :)