What's new

Why Here's how I left Microsoft, went Apple, and became a hypocrite because I switched back.

OP
D

Derekamoss

Yeah, I remember all the old stuff. Having to keep the floppy because the game was bigger than the OS lol. Talk about burning cd's, the worst was when you had to make sure you had either +r or-r and then releasing the 30 dollars you spent on a rewritable cd was a waste because your car's cd player wouldn't even play it lol.

BubbaUK

Nice original post.

I started back on a sinclair ZX-80, in 1980, then upgraded to the ZX-81, VIC20 (colour machine on an old b&w TV!), C64, various Amigas before going over to PC in 1994. Then from 2005 until last year it's been Apple all the way. Running Bootcamp, I considered my Macbook Pro & iMac 5K to be the best Windows machines ever built - until the Surface Book came along.

Horrendous bugs have been creeping into OS X over the last few years which have had a real impact (like remote disks not mounting in early Yosemite, or dodgy Bluetooth dropping the mouse in El Capitan, which didn't happen when bootcamped into Windows) so I opted for a Surface Book as my main machine, having had a good experience with the SPro3. I like OS X a lot but if it's going to get quirky and take Apple a long time to fix howlers, I decided I'm better off in Windows full-time. I couldn't be happier despite the SB's flaws, and with Apple clearly not expecting anyone to use the new Macbook Pros in my sort of environment, glad I took the Microsoft option.

My home machines will continue to be Macs until they bite the dust, & they've always had exceptionally long life. When they need replacing I'll survey the landscape, but the Surface Studio looks tempting already!

OP
D

Derekamoss

Yeah Apple just isn't on par anymore. They used to be the ones pushing the envelope but now instead are the ones sealing the envelope lol.