What's new

why is a live tile clock not possible?

Matthew

Seems like none of the apps in the store really work. They all seem to have a problem with the live tile not working unless you click on it to update it. Is a live tile clock just not possible?

oion

Seems like none of the apps in the store really work. They all seem to have a problem with the live tile not working unless you click on it to update it. Is a live tile clock just not possible?

Hm, Zapi Live Clock works for me. It'll take a second for it to refresh if you don't stay on the Start Screen, but it does refresh itself for as long as I've used it (one of the first apps I added to my S2).

What I really want is a combined weather/date/time live tile in medium size, save some more space.

CrippsCorner

I know, it's crazy! When I'm sitting elsewhere in my room I have to swipe in from the right and leave the charms up so I can glance and see the time... I can't go to the lock screen unfortunately as it'll time out after a few minutes and go blank
angry.png
any idea why!? It's set to not turn off for at least 30 minutes.

oion

I know, it's crazy! When I'm sitting elsewhere in my room I have to swipe in from the right and leave the charms up so I can glance and see the time... I can't go to the lock screen unfortunately as it'll time out after a few minutes and go blank
angry.png
any idea why!? It's set to not turn off for at least 30 minutes.

If I want to be able to see the time from across the room, I just use the LCARS app. :p

lcarsclock.jpg

(I also contacted the author of that app and suggested a combined weather/date/clock live tile since the app itself already supports both. Maybe that'll happen!)

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It is the LCARS App....based on the UI from Star Trek TNG

Last edited:

oion

What does the destruct button do?
omg.png

The destruct button is a countdown timer; changes the theme color to a blinking red/white and enables the alert klaxon sounds (you can choose Star Trek Voyager or TNG style klaxon warnings). The klaxon blares initially, with a female voice saying something like "Warning, auto destruct has been initiated" and "30 seconds to auto destruct." Then the final effect is simply a warp core detonation (explosion sound), but that's not really attention-getting, so I'll suggest something to the author...

I've also updated my older thread about the LCARS app rather than continue derailing. ;)

http://www.surfaceforums.net/forum/microsoft-surface-apps/5929-star-trek-lcars-interface-app.html

CrippsCorner

I see! Kinda reminds me of this :) (01:26)

[video=youtube;Qa_gZ_7sdZg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa_gZ_7sdZg&t=1m26s[/video]