What's new

Why is it so difficult to highlight text and copy?

kiwigirl

how is it even done? half of the time it does it, but mostly doesnt. i double tap the line, and other times i triple tap and ido this 400-500 times hoping i get lucky for it to work. what a major pita this is

this is by far the worst device ive ever used when i comes to copying. wtf

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
how is it even done? half of the time it does it, but mostly doesnt. i double tap the line, and other times i triple tap and ido this 400-500 times hoping i get lucky for it to work. what a major pita this is
IDK, single tap? then drag the handles... yeah sometimes it works sometimes it don't... sometimes you feel like a nut.

Kif

I think it's the speed you tap. To fast and it zooms. To slow and it doesn't register.

nipponham

What environment are you trying to touch highlight in? Metro and Windows-based apps are a piece of cake. A quick tap highlights the text and it's very easy to adjust the amount to be highlighted.

Touch highlighting in FireFox is next to impossible.

kundas1

yea it works great with me too and I normally have trouble with the touch pad.. just an FYI 2 taps highlights 1 word and 3 taps in a row highlights the whole sentence...

kundas1

He's talking about double and tripple tapping with the touch pad.

yes I was talking about the touch pad which is what I thought the OP was talking about, but tapping on the screen works just fine for me too, 1 tap ON the word and then you put your finger on the little circle or bubble whatever you wanna call it and then highlight what you want by sliding the circles to the appropriate words you wanna highlight... easy peasy

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes I was talking about the touch pad which is what I thought the OP was talking about, but tapping on the screen works just fine for me too, 1 tap ON the word and then you put your finger on the little circle or bubble whatever you wanna call it and then highlight what you want by sliding the circles to the appropriate words you wanna highlight... easy peasy
Sometimes I can't grab on to those handles though... I guess my fingers are weak :)