What's new

Why no detailed reviews on SB2?

Exhile

Pre-orders are today, deliveries will begin on November 16th. Reviews of the SB2 won't occur until a week or two after Nov. 16th so just before X-mas shopping.

OP
A

Afy

Interestingly all of the 15in models on the US MS site are 'out of stock'. What did they build. a hundred of each?

I saw it at the MS Store. Looks the same, which is a good thing. 15in looks huge. Weight felt like the SP4 I have. But it was just a guess weight since I didn't have my SP4 with me when I went down. They didn't have anything loaded on it, so I couldn't see if the Nvidia 1060 is really a Nvidia card and not a MS specific version that would have trouble loading games.

ALI IBRAHEM

I saw it at the MS Store. Looks the same, which is a good thing. 15in looks huge. Weight felt like the SP4 I have. But it was just a guess weight since I didn't have my SP4 with me when I went down. They didn't have anything loaded on it, so I couldn't see if the Nvidia 1060 is really a Nvidia card and not a MS specific version that would have trouble loading games.
Do you notice any light bleeding on the screen or yellow spots?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are reviews all over the internet. All the media sources have had SB2's since they were announced for reviews.

All the reviews I've seen seemed to be short and vague previews based on 10 minutes use at the Ms event. Do you have any links to detailed technical reviews based on substantial use?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
All the reviews I've seen seemed to be short and vague previews based on 10 minutes use at the Ms event. Do you have any links to detailed technical reviews based on substantial use?
Yeah, those would be the "hands-on" reviews... the ones they do in 10 minutes time on the machine at an event.

Yeah look, I saw one a touched it, they're real! Here's my first impression of the chained to a table device. Pretty sad in a press event you have to chain stuff to large furniture.

BearFlag

The same thing happened with the iPhone X. They only gave reviewers take home units to review only a few days before the actual release, so I'd expect full reviews to come out in the next few days.