What's new

Why no pre-order statement yet for the pro?

Sparky7474

Just curious why hasn't MS put out a date when we can start pre-ordering the pro? We are two weeks away from the beginning of January and still no word... Has anyone else have a rumored date for pre-orders?

Rallicat

I wouldn't expect to hear anything until we're virtually right on top of pre-order time, just as was the case with Surface RT.

starLog

How many days in advance did MS put up the preorder for the RT?

Maybe we can zero in on the suspected day.

Ashles

It's getting weird now. Panos Panay has tweeted the Pro will arrive on the "coming weeks". What does that mean? Expect to hear nothing for several more weeks?

If the release doesn't happen at the end of January I think a lot of people are going to start suspecting the Pro has serious technical issues which MS is struggling to overcome.

I hope that's not the case

jneikum

It's getting weird now. Panos Panay has tweeted the Pro will arrive on the "coming weeks". What does that mean? Expect to hear nothing for several more weeks?

If the release doesn't happen at the end of January I think a lot of people are going to start suspecting the Pro has serious technical issues which MS is struggling to overcome.

I hope that's not the case

I was kinda hoping it might be for better battery life.

Will Microsoft's Surface Pro offer better battery life than promised? | ZDNet

ArnoldC

The right thing for Microsoft to do is to wait for the the new 7W chips to be available (and hope they're not buggy) than release a product with crappy battery life and get a bad rap again.

bosamar

The right thing for Microsoft to do is to wait for the the new 7W chips to be available (and hope they're not buggy) than release a product with crappy battery life and get a bad rap again.

Has poor Pro battery life been confirmed?