What's new

Why no pre-order statement yet for the pro?

ArnoldC

Has poor Pro battery life been confirmed?

i5-3610 consumes 35W compared to i5-3339 which is 13W (7W is the minimum)

The Surface Pro battery is specified as 42W-h

Edit:

I was wrong, the 35W is the TDP, not consumption...

i5-3610 has no specified SDP, maybe the reason why Microsoft doesn't know, which is a bad assumption.

i5-3339 hs 7W specified SDP, with a TDP of 13W.

ps.

SDP aka scenerio design power is Intel's new marketing metric.

Last edited:

Ashles

I am really starting to think there may be some unannounced technical issue they are desperately trying to resolve behind the scenes. Why else would there still be no pre-order announcement?

ArnoldC

Just because a website mentioned a certain date, you'd believe it.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

starLog

Just because a website mentioned a certain date, you'd believe it.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

Arnold why not believe the website. It is an official site M$. I do not remember Dell advertising devices and then delaying the launch.

I do believe there are possibly two reasons battery issue or waiting for the Brazil announcement, I hope the bundle Office Suite with the launch.

ArnoldC

Arnold why not believe the website. It is an official site M$. I do not remember Dell advertising devices and then delaying the launch.

Microsoft's Surface site says - "Coming in early 2013. Starting at $899." and my reference to a "certain date" is not Microsoft but other sites speculating a January announcement.

J515OP

Super Moderator
It actually does happen and not infrequently that a launch date is set and missed. Just look at BlackBerry. It is not a good thing but does happen. You can hope for Office all you want but it does not come with Surface Pro :(. Who knows maybe they will surprise everybody and at least offer a discount. I'm not going to hold my breath though.