What's new

Wi-Fi connectivity issue since last (early December 2017) update

wynand32

Since I installed the latest firmware/driver update, I believe last week or so, my SP4 has been dropping the internet connection. It remains connected to my router but cannot connect past it; retrying eventually resolves the issue for a few minutes.

Nothing else has changed in my network and none of my other machines are demonstrating the same issue. I've deleted/reconnected to the network, uninstalled/reinstalled the Wi-Fi drivers, rebooted, rebooted the router, etc. Nothing seems to make a difference, and so I'm tempted to think it was the firmware update/driver that caused the issue.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
The inbuilt wifi on both my S3 and SP3 has been FUBAR ever since I installed 1703 in April 2017 on both and 1709 didn't fix it on either.
I finally disabled it and use this now ...
https://www.amazon.com/Edimax-Adapter-Supports-MU-MIMO-EW-7822ULC/dp/B01MY7PL10/

I try the internal every once in a while to see if they have fixed it but it remains the same. at the time 1703 was installed there wasn't a new driver so the problem was introduced somewhere else in the network stack.

One of Murphy's laws... All timing holes are infinite. Meaning that, no matter how small a timing hole is, everything will align such that you keep falling into the timing hole.