What's new

Wifi connection takes a while to connect after Reboot

cdf3

It takes my Surface Pro 50-60 seconds to connect to my wifi network after Booting Up the device.
Is this typical?

I don't have this problem coming out of Sleep Mode. Only if I reboot my device, or Boot Up my device after it has been Shut Down.

CrippsCorner

Do you have more than one SSID? Mine used to try to connect to the wrong one first which slowed initial connection down...

CrippsCorner

Click on connections and see how many you've got. For instance I have my EE's router connection, my AirPort Express 2.4GHz connection and my AirPort Express 5GHz connection. When mine was taking a while to connect, it was automatically targeting the wrong one... all I did was delete my password from all the connections I didn't want the Surface to try and connect to, and now it goes for the only one it can! It's up within a few seconds of boot now.

Sorry if I used the word 'connect' too much there :p

OP
cdf3

cdf3

I only have one router. I also have the box checked for it to connect automatically, but it doesn't. I have to manually connect, and it takes over a minute each time

leeshor

I only have one router. I also have the box checked for it to connect automatically, but it doesn't. I have to manually connect, and it takes over a minute each time

You may want to try inputting the IP and DNS info manually into the adapter settings. That should help.

OP
cdf3

cdf3

It was suggested that I uninstall the wifi driver for the Surface Pro. After doing so, I rebooted and it reinstalled the drivers automatically. It's been working fine ever since.

Last edited:

ronvgs

I had the same probleem.
Uninstaled the driver and now It Works. Thanks

Last edited:

CrippsCorner

Glad you got this fixed :) but just for future reference, you can have more than one SSID transmitting from a single router...