What's new

Solved Wifi Direct

OP
T

taglicht

It's ironic. I have no grandmas anymore. They left at the time TV was B&W. It's just that in my job I see sooooooooo may (majority) of more than well educated people struggling with not so advanced needs. Many ask for help, some abandon and some just go and buy a new pc. It's just not made for "normal" people. It's made for collecting revenue.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It's ironic. I have no grandmas anymore. They left at the time TV was B&W. It's just that in my job I see sooooooooo may (majority) of more than well educated people struggling with not so advanced needs. Many ask for help, some abandon and some just go and buy a new pc. It's just not made for "normal" people. It's made for collecting revenue.
I think the vast majority of people just use their new Surfaces using the defaults, Hyper-V and WiFi Direct File Sharing are both advanced scenarios. Hyper-V really only comes into play for developers, test labs and advanced legacy application compatibility remediation.

OP
T

taglicht

OK. As the forum admin you must know better. Please remove the whole thread for lack of interest then.

Sorry for bothering.
Thanks anyway.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I think the thread has value, I'm just questioning the assertion that Hyper-V is a standard consumer configuration...

Saul

Sorry for the necro; the internet is bare on this….

Usually, I’d connect "Your Phone" (the Ph. <--> PC connectivity app) on my SP6 to “Link to Windows” on my Galaxy Z Fold 4 via WLAN (Wi-Fi/Wireless LAN);

But ATM, my access points are down, so I want to connect to my Galaxy Z Fold 4 via Wi-Fi Direct.

I’m seeing info that my Surface Pro 6 (AKA SP6) should support Wi-Fi Direct, but upon trying to find/enable, & do the checks to confirm, nothing.

Am I going to have to disable Hyper-V, or is there a way that both are usable?