What's new

Wifi doesnt wake from sleep

bill-e

Hi Folks,

I dont have an SP4 but I'm curious if you guys experience the same thing that I am experiencing with my GB 12.

If my tablet has been in sleep mode for a long time when I wake it up I have no wifi. I must either disable/enable the adapter a few times or reboot to get it back. Is this a Win10 issue or my GB?

Thanks

DavidZ

I had this problem with hibernation and found a solution. Search on this forum for a thread titled "Wi-Fi Doesn't Connect Properly on Resume from Hibernation."

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@next_milenium,

Apologies. Windows 10 has been improving, and settings have been migrating to the new interface.

You will find the setting under Power & sleep, Network connection. See illustration.

stay_awake.jpg

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
sharpuser, have you noticed much of a battery drain doing this?

I was thinking someone may ask this.

I was expecting quite a battery drain when I started doing this on both my Surface Book units months ago. I am delighted to report that the battery drain is very slight. When I am using one Surface Book for days on end and unplugging / ignoring the other, battery drain in the unused machine means that after about 62 hours, it shuts off the network connection. Until then, I can wake the machine via a VPN service.