What's new

Wifi Driver failure within an hour after 8.1 update on Surface Pro

curney

Hi,
about an hour after i updated to 8.1 my wifi broke. Im getting ""This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)" in the device manager for the Marvell Avastar 350N. I got the most current driver .cab file (versi14.69.24040.136) from another thread on here, put it on the desktop and tried loading it but I get the message that it is up to date and it doesnt help. Any thoughts?

Thanks!!
Curney

mitchellvii

Hi,
about an hour after i updated to 8.1 my wifi broke. Im getting ""This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)" in the device manager for the Marvell Avastar 350N. I got the most current driver .cab file (versi14.69.24040.136) from another thread on here, put it on the desktop and tried loading it but I get the message that it is up to date and it doesnt help. Any thoughts?

Thanks!!
Curney

Uninstall the Marvell Adapter in Device Manager and select "delete driver software". Then once it is gone from your device list right click the Network Adapters heading and tell it to search for new hardware. The adapter will reappear then update it to the drivers you downloaded.

mitchellvii

I'm not having your issue but since upgrading to 8.1 final I can only get half the data speed I used to get. Have tried everything. Very frustrating.