What's new

Wifi Issues ( Limited Connectivity ) even after 1/27 update

akiladarshana

Hi ,

I recently bought two Surface Books ( one online and one in local store ) with i7/16g/512/dGPU spec ( of course purchase was founded by my company )

I am having issues with wifi in both machines. in both 5Ghz and 2.4 GHz Bands ( my router supports both ) it shows limited connectivity and having trouble with connecting to internet all the time (connectivity comes and goes every 1-2 minutes or so ) . My Lenovo Think Pad with Win 10 works fine with the same router.

I tired registry edit and also latest firmware updates ( 1/27/2016 ) and all options found in other places but came up with no luck.

So i am planing to have a visit to store and get my devices checked. But i am afraid that this is a inherit issue with the driver and there will be no luck .

Any Suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

You may want to try to tell your Books to try 5 GHz only. I would also try a public hotspot as there may be an issue with your WiFi not wanting to cooperate well with the chipset in the Surface. Make sure the firmware in the router is up-to-date.

As a test you could temporarily reset the router to factory default and see if you get the same results. I feel that if you take them to the Store they will work fine.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Also, see if there is a Firmware Update for the router, as some router struggle with negotiating with the Marvell Wireless Card.

OP
A

akiladarshana

Hi Leeshor and Jeff,

Thanks for your input. I also thought this might be an issue with the router as i found out both SBs working fine with some other networks. So i ll try to update router and see whether that can help .

its always frustrating to come across issues like this after heavy investment ( almost $6000 for both ) ( even though I didn't pay from my pocket ) .

Thanks for your help.

distancerider

My workaround for this firmware update for the Adapter update was to turn "fast start" off. For some reason Win 10 would not clear a previous load of this driver if there was one, before a restart or system start up. (error 38). I guess the slower start allowed for better timing on loads.

Moaninliza

My WiFi drops from 38 down to 14 when my new surface book is connected. It took 3.5 hours to upload a 9 minute video. This is crap! Help!

leeshor

My WiFi drops from 38 down to 14 when my new surface book is connected. It took 3.5 hours to upload a 9 minute video. This is crap! Help!
Welcome

A little information about your WiFi and your router may help. Have you done a speedtest test?