What's new

Wifi not connecting automatically after sleep or restart

Quicky

Hi all,

I've had a search around the forums and noticed number of issues relating to wireless connectivity issues, but not as specific as mine.

The issue I'm having is that my SP rarely, if ever, automatically reconnects to my home wireless network after a reboot or wake from sleep, despite the option to Connect Automatically being ticked. I have to manually connect to my home network (wireless G, WPA2) each time. I never have to re-enter the password though. no other devices in my house on this network exhibit the same issue, including a Windows 8 laptop.

Is this a known issue? Does anybody know of a resolution? Is it driver related?

Cheers

Nuspieds

No issues for me and I have a couple of WiFi networks I connect to automatically and after sleep and reboot it always reconnects.

vinumsv

Do you have all the latest firmware updates installed ? also under Wifi Settings try disabling power saving option .

OP
Q

Quicky

Yes I have the latest firmware installed. After a bit more investigation, it seems that the wifi is automatically connecting, but not straight away. There is a delay of about a minute before it connects.

psnative

i had that problem when i first got my sp, & microchat said something about a sleeping driver...but it fixed itself...from an update is my guess. chat with microsoft & see if they have any answers.

gabe406

After rebuilding my SP and updating all the drivers I noticed that I always had to reconfigure the Wi-Fi connection and every time I shut down or restarted I would have to restart the wireless configuration all over again. The one thing that finally work was deleting the wireless adapter and reinstalling it. After that it worked fine. might have updated the wrong driver. For what it is worth.

cdf3

After rebuilding my SP and updating all the drivers I noticed that I always had to reconfigure the Wi-Fi connection and every time I shut down or restarted I would have to restart the wireless configuration all over again. The one thing that finally work was deleting the wireless adapter and reinstalling it. After that it worked fine. might have updated the wrong driver. For what it is worth.

I've been having problems with my SP connecting to my wifi network after a reboot, wake, or sleep.
It would take up to a minute to reconnect. I was in the process of wiping my SP clean, and start over from scratch.
I didn't have it plugged in, so it wouldn't reset on battery power.
I then came across your post suggesting to unintsall the wireless adapter. After doing so, it reinstalled itself, and reconnects have been much faster.

richyo

No troubles with my home network, however my SP wont connect to my university network automatically :(
This is when turning it on.