What's new

Wifi not reconnecting after wake

orion_134

After my SP6 wakes up from sleep, it is still connected to the network but says "No internet" until I manually disconnect/reconnect.

Thoughts?

Turbo4AWD

There was a wifi firmware update released this week. Maybe look into seeing if that helps resolve the issue.

Surface Pro 6
Windows 10 version 1903 or greater
  • Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter - Bluetooth- 15.68.17013.110 improves Bluetooth connectivity.
  • Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller – Network adapters- 15.68.17013.110 improves Wi-Fi connectivity.
Windows 10 version 1803 or greater
  • Surface System Aggregator- 239.3101.139.0 improves battery performance.
  • Surface Integration – System devices- 4.18.139.0 improves integration between services.
  • Surface Pen Firmware Update – System devices- 3.0.10.1 resolves intermittent pen top button click failure on Surface Pen with no clip.
  • Surface Pen Integration Device – Human Interface Devices- 1.0.9.0 enables firmware update to Surface Pen with no clip.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
What Version and Build of Windows 10 are you using? Settings, System, About

And just as a check for your settings, make sure your network adapter is not being powered off deliberately during Sleep ...
  • Press Windows key + X key and select Device Manager.
  • Find and double-click Network adapters.
  • Right-click the device listed and click on Properties.
  • Navigate to Power Management tab and uncheck the option Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

wpcoe

Interesting. Win10 Pro (1903) and my Marvel AVASTAR Wireles-AC Network Controller doesn't have any Power Management settings, either. On any tab. I'm *pretty* sure it used to.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the confusion. Version 1903 has different settings menus and options. Even Microsoft's "fix" (here) does not apply, as it appears power settings for network adapters has been removed.