What's new

WiFi problem with screen off

Ilpezzillo

Hello everyone, I'm an Italian guy and unfortunately there are no Italian forum on the surface. I hope you can help me. I want to know because if I turn off the monitor I can not download from utorrent. It is possible to download a file that I have to keep the monitor turned on?

nipponham

You would need a Metro version of a torrent client. WiFi works with the monitor off but desktop programs will suspend service when SP3 goes to sleep/Connected Standby. Go to the Windows store and search for a client there.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have desktop utorrent. It downloads just fine with the screen off. I imagine it is stopping the device from going into CS or sleep though.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
how can I do to avoid it goes into sleep mode ... I must necessarily keep the monitor turned on ?

I honestly don't know. I'm on windows 10 at present, but it was the same on 8.1. I'd just close the type cover, the screen would turn off, but the downloads would continue. I havn't done anything special, I simply installed utorrent as normal.

nipponham

how can I do to avoid it goes into sleep mode ... I must necessarily keep the monitor turned on ?
You can go into power management and set the automatic sleep time to "never", although I don't know if it will still go into sleep if you close the cover. If it does, you'll probably need to disable CS, as well.

nipponham

I honestly don't know. I'm on windows 10 at present, but it was the same on 8.1. I'd just close the type cover, the screen would turn off, but the downloads would continue. I havn't done anything special, I simply installed utorrent as normal.
Are you saying that having desktop μtorrent running doesn’t allow your machine to sleep, or that your machine never sleeps regardless of what program is running? If the former, is this behaviour only with μtorrent or with other desktop programs as well?