What's new

Wifi slow to connect after restart or resume from sleep

My wifi can take several seconds (up to 10-15 or longer) to connect after I boot up or restart. I want to launch Edge browser and look for something but often have to wait for the wifi to connect and it is annoying.

Anyone else have this issue or have a suggestion as to how I can fix this? My device has latest updates.

Thank you.

pdes

My wifi can take several seconds (up to 10-15 or longer) to connect after I boot up or restart. I want to launch Edge browser and look for something but often have to wait for the wifi to connect and it is annoying.

Anyone else have this issue or have a suggestion as to how I can fix this? My device has latest updates.

Thank you.

You're lucky! Mine doesn't reconnect even though the network says it's connected. I have to disconnect and reconnect to get things working again.

OP
N

next_milenium

Continuing issue with slow to connect wifi with my SP4.

Yesterday, I woke up my SP4 from hibernate and the wifi was not connecting even after couple of minutes. I had to disconnect and re-connect several times before it finally connected.

This is really annoying issue and I'm at a loss as to how to fix it. I've tried removing the wifi driver and let SP4 re-install it and that didn't solve it.

Anyone have a suggestion?