What's new

WiFi stopped working - did complete reset

jhawkjason

Hi all,

I have a Surface Pro 3 i5 w/8gb RAM running Windows 10 Pro. Last Friday, the machine was sitting on the dock and the wireless adapter stopped working. I didn't have time to debug it over the weekend. Today I started working on it and was unable to get it to function. The computer I am typing on connects to WiFi without issues. I am unable to see any wireless networks at all and have unsuccessfully tried:

Disable/enable network adapter
Uninstall/reboot/install network adapter
Soft reset (two button)
Hard reset - current situation, has a fresh SP3 W10 image on the computer with no third party software

Despite these, the wifi is still not functioning. Ethernet works while on the dock. It is out of warranty and Microsoft offered to swithc out the device for $350.

Are there any other options here? Tell me I am missing something! :)

OP
J

jhawkjason

The sp3 is not registering any wifi networks. I was saying that another computer in the same room could locate and use a network, so it is not a router issue.

I did end up buying a device off of Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01FF11QRO/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Seems to work fine but it is connecting to my AC and prefers to use wireless N when doing so. Not sure how to resolve that but another problem for another day. At least the WiFi works again!