What's new

Will any of the review units be the 4/64GB model or all 8/128GB?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm guessing all of the review units will be the 8/128 GB model, leaving us to sort out for ourselves how the entry model performs with eMMC storage.

bronsky

I'm guessing all of the review units will be the 8/128 GB model, leaving us to sort out for ourselves how the entry model performs with eMMC storage.

The Best Buy demo unit was a 64/4GB model with the eMMC. I had my S3 there to run some simple tests. It opens most office programs about as fast as the S3. Maybe a hair quicker. I'm looking forward to trying out a real SSD. Thank you Microsoft.

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Best Buy demo unit was a 64/4GB model with the eMMC. I had my S3 there to run some simple tests. It opens most office programs about as fast as the S3. Maybe a hair quicker. I'm looking forward to trying out a real SSD. Thank you Microsoft.
Good to know. Might have to see if the local BB has one.

I was thinking of the publication reviewers but it's good that stores have both models out.

Duncan123

Got a ram4GB storage64GB one from BestBuy a week ago.

Did not get a keyboard, when I need that I will just use my 11.6" notebook.

I have stumbled upon a few issues. But these are software related and mainly cause that I am moving (on my Go and Netbook) from Google to Microsoft.

In the next couple of day will post those issues in these forums, and hopefully you guys can be of help.

Duncan

Last edited: