What's new

Will the power cover require a larger case?

I have a "Snugg" case for my SP2, thinking of getting the power cover. I assume it's thicker, but not sure by how much. Currently, the SP2 + type cover fits snugly :p in the case. Do you think I"ll need to get a different, larger case? BTW, my type cover is blue and for sale if anyone is interested.
Thanks,

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Imagine putting a Surface 2 and Pro 2 together and that is approximately how thick it will be....and the same weight

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I assume you carry it without a case?

Sometimes, I own the Maroo Portfolio Case from the MS Store and it works with the Power Cover, and it fits in my Brenthaven Collins Vertical Messenger Bag without the Portfolio (I can carry my Pro 2 and S2 in the same bag without the Power Cover or Portfolio)

Why do you need both the Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2?

Sometimes, I own the Maroo Portfolio Case from the MS Store and it works with the Power Cover, and it fits in my Brenthaven Collins Vertical Messenger Bag without the Portfolio (I can carry my Pro 2 and S2 in the same bag without the Power Cover or Portfolio)

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Why do you need both the Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2?

Need is such a strong word ;) In all seriousness, it depends on what I'm doing, very often I use my Surface 2 as my information hub running my Twitter Client and other dashboards and as my Office Phone using Lync 2013 Mobile. I also use it as another screen if I'm reviewing Video for my clients e-learning that we're developing. I've been known to have my Surface 2, Pro 2 and Nokia Lumia 1520 all doing something while working at my customer site. (I'll also use my 1520 as a Lync Client on occasion). Carrying both is still less weight than most Ultrabooks and much more functional.

My Pro 2 is strictly a work machine, My Surface 2 is my machine....

I just received the Maroo case from Microsoft store. One problem: where do you store the stylus? I didn't know about this before I bought the case, but the bumper prevents the stylus from being to fully seat in the magnetic connector. :(

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I just received the Maroo case from Microsoft store. One problem: where do you store the stylus? I didn't know about this before I bought the case, but the bumper prevents the stylus from being to fully seat in the magnetic connector. :(

It has a pen loop....